Even if you spend the whole day with it in hand, there may still be many options and possibilities of your iPhone that you don’t even know about. In this sense, today we are going to talk about what iPhone DFU Mode is , how you can activate it and what it is for. Let’s go there.
What is iPhone DFU Mode
DFU stands for Device Firmware Update . If we translate it into our language, it means that you can choose which firmware version you want to have on your phone . That is to say that it is not something that is usually done regularly, but in some cases it is convenient to take it into account, since it may be that we need it.
What is it for? Its greatest utility is that we can go back to a previous version of the phone , especially if the new one contains an error or if it gives us problems . It also helps us put the iPhone back into the version it came with when we bought it at the store. You can also use it if you have no way to restart the iPhone and it has stuck.
How to enter this mode
If you want to solve your problems thanks to DFU Mode on iPhone, the truth is that it is a fairly simple process. You will only have to follow these steps:
- With the mobile on, connect it to the PC with a cable.
- Open iTunes and find your terminal in the list of devices.
- When it appears, press volume up and down on your phone and then press and hold the power button (ie, the same method you usually use to restart the terminal when it gets stuck).
- When the screen goes black, release the buttons and press the power button and volume down button at the same time again for five seconds. After this time, keep the volume button pressed.
- Finally, wait for the message iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode to appear.
How to get out of this mode
Finally, do not forget to close this option when you have achieved your purpose:
- Press the volume up button once.
- Press the volume down button once.
- Hold down the power button and release it when you see the Apple logo.