Although it is not a common procedure, since this device does not usually require it, it is possible that, for some reasons, you want to factory reset a Chromecast . And since you may not need it now, try to save this post well in your favorites to consult it when the time comes.
Factory reset a Chromecast: step by step
Do you need your Chromecast as if you just bought it? Let’s go with the simple step by step that you have to carry out.
1st, 2nd, 3rd generation and Ultra Chromecast devices
The tutorial is very simple.
- Connect the Chromecast to the TV .
- Keep both on .
- Install Google Home on your phone . You must connect to the same WiFi as the device.
- Enter the app.
- Sign in .
- On the first screen where you see the devices you have linked, click on your Chromecast .
- Go to Settings from the cogwheel icon.
- Then enter More options (the icon with the three dots that is located above and to the right).
- One available option that you will already see is Factory Reset . Click on her.
Chromecast devices with Google TV
Although it is still not different, in this case the task is different since we have both a complete operating system to use and a remote control ; let’s see it.
- Connect the Chromecast to the TV.
- We start, on the television, going to Settings , in the toothed wheel that is in the upper area and to the right.
- Now click on System .
- Inside, you must go to Information.
- This is where you can click on the Factory Reset option .
Obviously, in either case, you are going to lose any data entered after the fact from the first time you started using the device. Take a look first and, if necessary, make a copy of what you want to keep , if that is the case.