The Netgear Orbi Pro WiFi 6 is a new addition to Netgear Business’ portfolio of WiFi 6 products, succeeding the WAX610 and WAX610Y WiFi 6 dual-band access points launched earlier this quarter. The Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Mesh consists of a single router and one wireless satellite, and is expandable to six wireless satellites. The six satellites cover a total area of approximately 1,700 square meters.
The system offers greater capacity so that offices, workplaces and business locations are equipped to stream multiple video streams, share large files and use Internet of Things (IoT) and security equipment. For example, as they grow or as needs change, entrepreneurs can connect more devices to their corporate WiFi network when needed.
The Netgear Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Tri-band Mesh System offers support for WiFi 6 and all the benefits that come with it. Netgear calls the connection to this system safe and reliable. by supporting the latest WiFi data security standard (WPA3), four SSIDs and VLAN support. The Orbi Pro WiFi 6 is designed for business owners with small offices and limited IT knowledge. But the Orbi Pro is also suitable for restaurants, bars, shops, medical practices, and small education centers.
These are the main specifications of the Netgear Orbi Pro WiFi 6.
- Four times more ‘space’ for external devices and a hundred percent higher speed per router and satellite unit, compared to the previous generation;
- Wireless backhaul superhighway supports up to six satellites with a total area of approximately 1700 square meters;
- Tri-band 12-stream Wi-Fi 6, four streams at 2.4 GHz and eight streams at 5 GHz. Each unit delivers up to 6 Gbps of data throughput;
- Works with the latest iOS and Android WiFi 6 mobile devices and is compatible with WiFi 4 (ieee 802.11n) and WiFi 5 (ieee 802.11ac) standards;
- Get the most out of Wi-Fi 6 using features such as dedicated quad-stream Wi-Fi 6 backhaul, ofdma and mu-mimo;
- Includes one 2.5G Ethernet port for wired network connectivity with several gigabytes per node. Ideal when connecting to Netgear multi-gig Ethernet switches.
The Insight app allows business owners to manage their network from anywhere using a mobile device. So even if the administrator works from home, this is no problem. The Insight app makes installation very easy and allows the administrator to set up different WiFi channels for employees, guests and other purposes.
Unique and advanced management capabilities include:
- 1-Year Insight subscription included with Orbi Pro WiFi 6
- Instant installation of the Orbi Pro WiFi 6
- Remote monitoring and management via the Insight app
- Multi-network and multi-site remote monitoring and notifications.
Price and availability
The SXK80-100EUS is the basic router with a suggested retail price of 869.99 euros. The SXK80B3-100EUS is a bundle of three products (a router and two satellites) with a suggested retail price of EUR 1189.99. The SXK80B4-100EUS is a bundle of four products (one router and three satellites) with a suggested retail price of EUR 1,499.99. And the SXS80-100EUS is a separate satellite with a suggested retail price of 489.99 euros.