Following the success of the Beam 2 series of portable USB DAC / headphone amplifiers , Audirect has announced the latest Beam 3 Plus . The novelty is equipped with a high-tech Bluetooth Qualcomm CSR8675 chip , which provides a seamless wireless connection with support for modern LDAC, aptX HD, aptX, SBC and AAC codecs .
With a wired USB connection, the Audirect Beam 3 Plus is capable of decoding PCM digital streams up to 32-bit / 768 kHz, as well as DSD up to DSD512 .
In addition to high definition PCM and DSD decoding, Audirect Beam 3 Plus supports MQA decoding . MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) is an advanced technology that packs high-resolution music files into smaller files for easy storage and streaming. MQA- certified devices decompress such files during playback for high quality sound.
The Audirect Beam 3 Plus has both a 4.4 mm balanced and 3.5 mm unbalanced output for connecting headphones . The gadget is equipped with a three-level gain switch that allows you to adapt the Audirect Beam 3 Plus for optimal performance with headphones of different impedances.
The Audirect Beam 3 Plus Portable DAC / Headphone Amplifier is available to order for $ 189.99 .
Key features of the Audirect Beam 3 Plus Portable DAC / Headphone Amplifier:
– Bluetooth Chip: CSR8675 from Qualcomm.
– Amplification: Dual OP AMP Chips.
– DAC Chip: ES9281AC Saber from ESS Technologies.
– Support for MQA decoding.
– High resolution audio decoding.
– Two headphone outputs: unbalanced 3.5 mm + balanced 4.4 mm.
– Easily switch between USB and Bluetooth modes.
– Three-level gain mode.
– SOI: 0.0003%.
– USB input type: USB Type-C.
– Range of reproducible frequencies: 20 Hz – 40 kHz.