Hidizs S9 Pro Plus Martha is a new DAC with headphone amplifier. The new product has 2 outputs for connecting headphones: 3.5mm + 4.4mm. Output power 180 mW with 32 ohm headphones on balanced output.
We named the Hidizs S9 Pro Plus “Martha” because “Martha” is the name of the last surviving female Passenger Pigeon, the largest flocking bird species to ever exist on Earth. 109 years after the extinction of the population of this species of pigeon, in memory of this magnificent species, professional acoustic brand Hidizs decided to name its third generation balanced DAC HiFi S9 Pro Plus “Martha”. If this is your first encounter with the Passenger Pigeon thanks to Hidizs, then we have truly achieved our goal.
The Heart of Martha – Hidizs Professional HiFi Audio Circuit Architecture
The S9 Pro Plus Martha uses fourth-generation professional HiFi audio processing architecture developed by Hidizs Acoustic Laboratory. It is a fully balanced circuit architecture consisting of four parts: USB interface processor, DAC, independent headphone amplifier and POP noise reduction system. The DAC uses the flagship ES9038Q2M DAC chip, which features ESS Technology’s patented 32-bit HyperStream® II QUADDAC™ architecture and time domain jitter elimination system. It provides exceptionally high fidelity audio data and represents the highest level of audio decoding technology. Its superior performance makes it a top choice for audiophiles and high-definition music lovers.
Unlocks physical volume buttons and 7 filters for unparalleled Hi-Res music sound
Hidizs S9 Pro Plus ‘Martha’ features practical function buttons designed specifically for audiophiles, providing convenient and quick volume adjustments for easily adapting to volume changes when switching between different headphones . In addition, the ES9038Q2M offers seven PCM FILTER IMPULSE RESPONSE effects, and the switching function is integrated into two buttons. Pressing both buttons at the same time cycles through the seven filtering effects.
Below is a description of these seven filter effects:
- Anodizing fast roll-off (default filter): Vocals are pushed forward slightly and high frequencies are extended by reducing resonance.
- Linear phase fast roll-off: Enhanced analytical capabilities for clear, crisp sound.
- Linear phase slow roll-off: Enriches harmonics, rich low frequencies and natural reverberation.
- Minimum phase fast roll-off: Balanced and moderate sound.
- Minimum phase slow roll-off: Clear sound with a forward position.
- Hybrid fast roll-off: Soft and smooth sound with increased detail.
- Brick wall: Excellent dynamics and strong presence.
The S9 Pro Plus “Martha” offers filter switching that can be adapted to the different qualities of the headphones, maximizing their potential.
LED sampling rate indication
Different audio formats, different visual effects. Meticulously designed by Hidizs, the S9 Pro Plus is a visual feast of sample rates. We use vibrant RGB lighting to instantly display different formats and sample rates:
- Yellow: DSD 64/128
- Violet: DSD 256/512
- Blue: PCM 176.4/192(kHz)
- Red: PCM 352.8/384(kHz)
- White: PCM 705.6/768(kHz)
- Green: PCM 44.1/48/88.2/96(kHz)
Each one represents a different audio experience. These stunning lighting effects give the music a visual expression that allows it to be seen as well as heard. The perfect fusion of light and sound enriches your musical journey.
Characteristics of Hidizs S9 Pro Plus Martha :
- DAC chip: ES9038Q2M
- DSD: native DSD64/128/256/512
- PCM: up to 768 kHz/32 bit
- Outputs: 3.5mm + 4.4mm
- Frequency response: 20Hz-40kHz
- Distortion: PO(3.5): 0.0019%, BAL(4.4): 0.0008%
- Signal to noise ratio: PO (3.5): 123 dB, BAL (4.4): 120 dB
- Separation: PO (3.5): 75 dB, BAL (4.4): 115 dB
- Output power: Up to 138mW+138mW SE 3.5mm / Up to 180mW+180mW BAL 4.4mm
- Sampling rate indicator: LED
- Shell material: CNC aluminum alloy
- Function buttons: 2
- Package Contents: Type-C to Type-C Cable×1, Warranty Card×1, User Manual×1, Type-C to USB-Ax1 Adapter
- Net weight: 17g
- Dimensions: 55*25*11 mm