HiFi Rose has updated the popular network streamer RS250, introduced a year and a half ago. The novelty with the RS250 A index is based on a new chip and received a black finish.
The HiFi Rose RS250 A combines a network streamer, a DAC and a preamplifier in one unit. The new generation of the model is based on the Sabre32 ES9028 PRO chip from ESS Technology and can process PCM digital streams up to 32 bit/768 kHz and DSD up to DSD512. The streamer is equipped with a six-core processor, a high-precision femto clock and a linear power supply. The proprietary HiFi Rose Discrete output stage has also been improved.
For integration into a computer network, a gigabit Ethernet port and a dual-band Wi-Fi adapter are provided. Audio files can be played not only from network servers and streaming services, but also from external drives – there are two USB-A version 3.0 ports for connecting them.
The streamer also supports wireless broadcasting from mobile gadgets via Bluetooth 4.0. To connect external sources of digital content, there are coaxial and optical inputs, as well as a USB-B port.
It is possible to use the streamer with an external DAC unit, for which HiFi Rose RS250A is equipped with optical and coaxial digital outputs. The HDMI 2.0 port allows you to connect the streamer to a TV to display the application interface of streaming services on the big screen. However, located on the front panel 8,
To navigate through the music library and control the operating modes of the HiFi Rose RS250A, an application for mobile gadgets Rose OS MUSIC is used. The device supports Airplay and Spotify Connect, is capable of decading MQA, and is also Roon Ready compliant. The streamer has applications for streaming services Qobuz, Apple Music and Tidal.
The HiFi Rose RS250 A network streamer is already on sale. In the UK, the suggested retail price is £2,349 .
- Operating system: customized Android 7.1
- Processor: two Cortex-A72 cores up to 1.8GHz, four Cortex-A53 cores up to 1.4GHz
- GPU: Mali-T864
- Memory: LPDDR3 4 GB
- DAC chip: 8-channel DAC ES9028 PRO
- Output level: max. 2.2V
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 126 dB (A-weighted)
- THD: 0.00012% (1 kHz, 2.25 Vrms)
- Dynamic Range: 137 dB (CCITT filter)
- Frequency response: 17Hz – 80kHz (± 1dB)
- Output impedance: 150 ohm
- Network connection: RJ45 Ethernet 10/100/1000 BASE-T, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n/a/ac) 2.4GHz/5GHz
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0 (A2DP, AVRCP v1.3)
- Streaming Services : Bluetooth A2DP Sink Airplay, DLNA, Roon Ready, Spotify Connect
- Audio inputs analog: line x 1
- Audio inputs digital: optical x 1, coaxial x 1, USB-B 2.0
- Analog audio outputs: RCA x 1, 6.3 mm headphone output
- Audio outputs digital: optical x 1, coaxial x 1
- Video output: HDMI 2.0 (up to 3840 x 2160/60Hz)
- Drive connections: USB 3.0 x 2 (file system – NTFS / exFAT / FAT32, up to 10 TB), SATA 3.0, SSD x 1 (File system – NTFS / exFAT / FAT32, up to 4 TB)
- Supported audio codecs: WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, DFF, DSF, AAC, CDA, AMR, APE, EC3, E-EC3, MID, MPL, MP2, MPC, MPGA, M4A
- PCM: up to 32bit/768kHz
- DSD: up to DSD512 (22.4 MHz)
- MQA: full decoding
- Supported video codecs: ASF, AVI, MKV, MP4, WMV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.263, H.264, H.265, VC-1, VP9, VP8, MVC, H .264/AVC
- Size (W x H x D): 27.8 x 8.3 x 23.1 cm
- Weight: 3.2 kg