British brand Onix , owned by Taiwan Sound Art Co., in collaboration with Shanling, introduced the Mystic XP1 portable DAC with headphone amplifier, made in the design of the ONIX Miracle desktop system . The body of the new product is made on CNC machines from high-quality aluminum. The gold-plated volume wheel and vintage OLED matrix display add sophistication.
ONIX Mystic XP1 is based on a pair of flagship AK4499EX DAC chips from Asahi Kasei, which work with an AK4191 delta-sigma modulator. The fully balanced headphone amplifier is built around Texas Instruments’ TPA6120A2 operational amplifiers and is optimized for use with full-size headphones. The additional Muses8920 chip provides balanced analog outputs – linear and variable.
In addition to digital inputs and wireless interfaces, ONIX Mystic XP1 is equipped with a slot for microSD memory cards, which allows you to play audio files from them, including high resolution ones. The Mystic XP1’s connectivity arsenal includes a high-performance USB-C port implemented on the XMOS XU316 chip, a combined coaxial/optical SPDIF input, and an analogue minijack input. For wireless connection of mobile gadgets, a Bluetooth 5.0 interface with support for LDAC, aptX HD and AAC is provided.
At home, in the office, or anywhere else where conditions permit, connect the Mystic XP1 to an external power source to dramatically increase its power output. Offering up to 2,360 mW of power into 32 ohms (480 mW into 300 ohms), the ONIX Mystic XP1 is capable of handling the most amplification-demanding over-ear headphones.
The ONIX Mystic XP1 portable DAC and headphone amplifier is available now with a suggested retail price of $1,499 .
ONIX Mystic XP1 Specifications:
- Hardware platform: Ingenic X2000
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 40 kHz (-0.5 dB)
- THD: 0.0005% at 32 ohms
- Dynamic range: 120 dB at 32 ohms
- Channel Separation: 101 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 120 dB at 32 ohms
- Analog input: 3.5 mm minijack
- Wireless interface: Bluetooth 5.0, LDAC/aptX HD/aptX/SBC/AAC
- Digital Input: USB-C (PCM 32bit/768kHz, DSD512), Combo Coaxial/Optical, PCM 24bit/192kHz
- Headphone outputs: 3.5 mm and 6.5 mm, unbalanced, 4.4 mm, balanced
- Analog Output: 4.4mm, Balanced, Linear/Variable
- Battery: 7,000 mAh, separate USB-C port for charging
- Operating time on one charge: up to 10 hours
- Dimensions: 160 x 92 x 30 mm
- Weight: 583 g