With the D400ES DAC , SMSL returns to the scene using the latest high-end ES9039MSPro DAC chip from ESS. Combined with high-quality audio circuitry and components, the D400ES delivers top-notch performance.
The DAC is also versatile, providing full Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity and reception, covering the vast majority of applications.
The entire D400ES DAC is of quality construction, using only components specifically selected for their performance. It features an eight-channel parallel design with no less than 11 OPA1612 op-amps, a proprietary CK-03 clock system for significant jitter reduction, and a low-noise regulated power stage.
SMSL D400ES is equipped with the latest generation ESS D/A converter with 32-bit 8-channel ES9039MSPro chip – a new benchmark in the world of high-end DACs. It uses ESS’s patented Hyperstream® IV technology. Featuring a QUAD modulator architecture, it delivers unparalleled sound quality and audio performance, including superior dynamic range and THD+N. In addition, it now has a built-in MQA decoder.
Thanks to the ES9039MSPro chip, the D400ES is capable of decoding and playing the MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) format. This file type provides high quality sound that is as close as possible to the original studio recording. Each track is also authenticated by the artist, producer or copyright holder. This type of format is used particularly on the streaming platform Tidal. Additionally, MQA-CD is supported, allowing you to play this type of file from a CD player.
In addition to the already comprehensive connectivity capabilities, the D400ES integrates a Bluetooth 5.0 receiver from Qualcomm. It makes it possible to stream and manage your music wirelessly, for example, from a smartphone or tablet. The receiver chip used supports aptX HD and LDAC high-definition transmission codecs for high-quality audio playback via Bluetooth.
Characteristics of SMSL D400ES:
- Product Type: DAC
- Inputs: Bluetooth 5.0/ 1* USB-B/ 1* I2S via HDMI/ 1* Toslink optical/ 1* coaxial/ 1* AES/EBU
- Outputs: 1* single-way stereo RCA/ 1* balanced stereo XLR
- DAC chip: ESS ES9039MSPro
- USB interface: XMOS XU316
- OPA: 11*OPA1612
- Line Out Amplitude: XLR: 5.2Vrms/ RCA: 2.5Vrms
- THD+N: 0.00005% (-125 dB) (no weighting)
- Dynamic Range: XLR: 133 dB/ RCA: 128 dB
- SNR: XLR: 133 dB/ RCA: 127 dB
- USB Transfer Mode: Asynchronous
- USB Compatibility: Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 / Mac OSX 10.6 or later / Linux
- MQA decoder USB/Optical/Coaxial/AES
- MQA-CD decoder optical/coaxial/AES
- Supported sampling rates: USB: PCM up to 32bit 768kHz, Native DSD up to DSD512, DSD DoP up to DSD256/ Optical / Coaxial: PCM up to 24bit 192kHz, DSD DoP up to DSD64
- Supported Bluetooth codecs: AAC, SBC, aptX, aptX-HD, LDAC
- Supply voltage: 100-240V AC
- Consumption: <10W
- Standby consumption: <0.5W
- Dimensions (WG): 240x188x43 mm
- Weight: 1.8 kg