The Japanese brand SOULNOTE introduced the SOULNOTE A-3 reference integrated amplifier in Series 3 . In fact, the novelty combined in one case the SOULNOTE P -3 preamplifier and two SOULNOTE M -3 monoblocks – there are even three power toroidal transformers here – two large ones with a power of 700 VA each for power amplifiers and one smaller one for powering the preamplifier.
In addition, the ground rails of the right and left channels are isolated from each other here. Moreover, both for power amplifiers and for pre-amplification stages. A similar solution was implemented in the SOULNOTE P-3 preamplifier
The SOULNOTE A-3 integrated amplifier will be offered in silver and black finishes. The start of sales is scheduled for October 2023. The recommended retail price is not yet known.
The main technical characteristics of the integrated amplifier SOULNOTE A-3:
- Rated power: 120W + 120W (4 ohm)
- Frequency response: 2Hz to 200kHz (+/-3dB, 1W, 8Ω)
- THD: 0.27% (1 W, 8 ohms)
- Line input sensitivity: 480 mV
- Signal to noise ratio: 110 dB
- Gain: 33dB
- Analog line inputs: 3 x XLR, 3 x RCA
- Bypass analog input : 1 x XLR, 1 x RCA (instead of one of the line inputs)
- Analog output Rec : 1 x XLR, 1 x RCA
- Maximum power consumption: 180W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 454 x 184 x 407 mm
- Weight: 31 kg