The British firm Tron Electric has created the Nemesis RIAA audiophile low-noise tube phono stage. Renowned for his meticulousness, brand leader Graham Tricker has tried to combine the orthodox tube ideology with ease of use and high sound quality.
The scheme uses a minimum of parts located taking into account the shortest signal path. These are four D3a pentodes in the amplifier circuit and four 7Y4 kenotrons in a separate power module. The power supply was approached seriously: we used eight network transformers, one of which serves two signal LEDs. But the phono stage itself receives pure tube voltage with a smooth start.
The lamps in Nemesis are installed in ceramic panels, internal wiring is made of OFC copper “six nines”, input and output RCA connectors are WBT products. Finally, Tricker’s pride is the Nemesis mains transformers and chokes. They are all hand wound on custom cores. The capacitors in the circuit are used to a minimum, and the RIAA correction is implemented in a passive filter.
The Tron Nemesis RIAA phono stage is assembled in two cases 40x27x18 cm each. The power supply unit weighs 35 kg, and the phono stage itself weighs 25 kg. The cost of the novelty can be found out personally from the representatives of Tron Electric.
- Unprecedented signal to noise
- Very short signal path
- Choke regulated power supplies
- Valve/Tube complement (RIAA): 4 x D3a’s
- Valve/Tube Complement (Power Supply): 4 x 7Y4’s
- Passive RIAA Filter for excellent signal purity
- Internal MC option available
- Unique slow start filament supply circuit
- Precision Ceramic valve/tube bases
- High quality pure silver WBT RCA connectors
- CNC machined chassis
- Input: – 1 x RCA input (L & R)
- Output: – 1 x RCA output (L & R)
- Gain: – 50dB
- Input Impedance: – 47K ohms
- Output Impedance: – 650 ohms
- Frequency Response: – 20Hz – 20KHz (+/- 0.5dB)
- Size – Control Unit: – (L x W x H): 40cm x 27cm x 18cm
- Weight: – 25Kgs
- Mains Supply: -115–240 volts AC (50–60Hz)
- Power Consumption 115v – 130watts, 230v – 65watts
- Earth lift included
- Size: – Power Supply (L x W x H): 40cm x 27cm x 18cm
- Weight: – 35Kgs
- Warranty: – 10 years (parts and labour)