Panasonic is preparing a series of announcements of new advanced second-generation mirrorless cameras. The company will present the Panasonic Lumix S1 Mark II model (along with the S1R Mark II model. Currently, the source provides potential characteristics of the Panasonic Lumix S1 II camera.
- Multi-layer sensor with a resolution of 34 MP
- Slim, sealed magnesium alloy housing.
- Built-in fan (no overheating in direct sunlight at 50°C)
- Built-in ND filter system
- Video shooting support: 6K, 4K 120 fps without additional cropping
- Enhanced Matrix Stabilization System (IBIS)
- More efficient autofocus with AI chip
- Improved camera battery life
It is separately specified that the Panasonic Lumix S1 Mark II will receive an extended dynamic range for photos and videos. While the sensor will provide improved performance in low light, the camera will be able to produce high-quality images when shooting video and is generally suitable for these purposes.
It was also previously reported that the camera will receive a full-size HDMI port, which can be used to connect additional monitors/recorders. And the available ISO range will be from 100 to 102400 (50-204800). The continuous shooting speed will be up to 30 frames per second. The potential announcement period for the camera is March 2024.
The price of Panasonic Lumix S1 Mark II will be about 3 thousand dollars (274 thousand rubles at the current exchange rate). The company is also preparing to introduce the Panasonic Lumix S1R Mark II camera, which will receive more advanced characteristics.
Potential technical characteristics of the future new product have been published – Panasonic Lumix S1R Mark II :
- Full frame 61 MP sensor
- Support 10-bit 8K 30p 4:2:0 video recording
- Support C8K/UHD 4K 120p 4:2:2 10-bit video recording, unlimited
- OLED LVF with 5.76 million dots resolution and 0.78x magnification
- Tilt/Free Angle LCD Touch Screen
- 700+ point phase detection autofocus system
- 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization
- ISO 100–51200, shooting up to 10 fps
- Two UHS-II SD card slots; Wi-Fi and Bluetooth