According to the press release, the development of the Pentax K-3 Mark III followed the path of developing the tradition of digital SLR technology, in full accordance with the company’s philosophy. In line with this, the company designed the camera with five principles:
1. Pentax cameras are created with exceptional passion and dedication.
2. The goal of the company is to create cameras that will allow the photographer to enjoy the unique effect of working with the frame without an “intermediary” in the form of a screen [apparently, we mean an electronic viewfinder?] Between it and the subject.
3. The company develops cameras that will allow the photographer to enjoy taking pictures.
4. The company’s engineers strive for the highest levels of quality and performance that cannot be measured by numbers alone.
5. The team of the company respects and values the creative experience of users’ photography and we regard it as an invaluable asset.
However, if you deviate from the philosophy of the company, the appearance of the camera inherited the traditional features of the Pentax design. But with the filling, the company’s engineers did a good job. There is a large and bright viewfinder with 100% frame coverage and 1.05x magnification. The new 25-megapixel BSI CMOS sensor is combined with the new latest generation PRIME V image processor for superb image quality up to ISO 1,600,000.
The camera now features the new SAFOX 13 autofocus system, Matrix Image Stabilizer (IBIS) and high speed shooting up to 12 fps. But the most important thing we are sure of is the perfect ergonomics and thoughtful camera controls that any photographer will appreciate. Traditionally, the novelty has received a high-strength aluminum housing and seals, which provide reliable moisture and dust resistance of the camera, which is typical for the entire line of Pentax cameras.
The Pentax K-3 Mark III will go on sale in April and will be available in classic black and silver finishes. Limited editions with D-BG8 battery grip, extra battery and leather strap are also expected.
Pentax K-3 Mark III Specifications
- Matrix with a resolution of 25.73 megapixels without low-pass filter, type CMOS BSI
- Newly developed PRIME V image processor
- Maximum ISO: 1.6 million
- Viewfinder with 100% coverage, 1.05x magnification
- In-Body Stabilizer (IBIS) SR II allows 5.5 stops of exposure compensation
- 3.2-inch 1.62M-dot LCD monitor
- 101 AF points (25 cross-type center)
- SAFOX 13 autofocus system, capable of low brightness down to -4EV
- New 307,000-pixel RGBIr metering sensor
- Pentax real-time scene analysis system using artificial intelligence technology
- High-speed shooting: AF.S – up to 12 fps, AF.C – up to 11 fps
- Robust case with dust and moisture protection
- Long-life shutter: 300,000 actuations
- 4K 30p, FullHD 60p video
- Microphone jack, headphone jack
- Wireless interfaces Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- Charging via USB Type-C is possible.