According to the latest rumors that have surfaced on the web, Canon will unveil new EOS R1 , EOS R5S and EOS R7 cameras in the second half of 2021 , as well as 15 full-frame RF mount lenses. The Canon EOS R1 is also expected to become the new flagship of Canon’s full-frame mirrorless line of EOS R, and it will be a direct competitor to the recently announced powerful Sony a1 camera.
The EOS R1 may also be the first non-DSLR camera to be targeted for professional sports and wildlife photography.
According to rumors that appeared on Daily Camera News , this is how the Canon EOS R1 will look
The most talked about key features of the new Canon EOS R1 are the global shutter and next-generation Quad Pixel AF. The global shutter is capable of receiving information simultaneously from all the pixels of the sensor, which can help eliminate the rolling shutter effect; the global shutter is used in some high-end camcorders.
Either way, Sony has made a big impact on the photography industry with its new Sony A1 camera, for professionals it is the camera that has the most advanced features on the market and allows you to capture both stills and videos. Will the EOS R1 be Canon’s answer to this challenge?
Canon EOS R1 Expected Specifications
- New 21MP full-frame global shutter imaging sensor.
- The Quad-Pixel CMOS AF system is more powerful than the Canon R5 and Canon R6.
- Record high-speed burst shooting speed for Canon.
- Targeting the professional segment – professional photographers involved in sports and wildlife photography.
The camera may be released for the Tokyo Olympics (23 July to 8 August 2021). The price is not even rumored yet, but it is expected to be approximately the same as the Sony A1, which costs $ 6,500.
Canon EOS R5S Expected Specifications
- Full-frame CMOS sensor with a resolution of about 90 MP.
- Enhanced in-body 5-axis image stabilization.
- Pixel shift function to increase the resolution, which will result in more than 300 megapixels.
- The electronic viewfinder will be larger and with higher resolution than the Canon EOS R5.
- Possibility of shooting video “Out of focus”.
- No 8K video recording capability.
- Almost the same body design as the Canon EOS R5.
- Two card slots: SD UHS-II and CFexpress type B.
- Battery LP-E6NH.
- Built-in 5 GHz Wi-Fi.
- Magnesium alloy body.
- Dust and splash proof.
The announcement is scheduled for the third quarter of 2021, the price will be similar to the Canon EOS R5.