Samyang Optics has released a new cine lens in the Samyang V-AF series, which features support for the autofocus system – Samyang V-AF 100mm T2.3 for full-frame Sony cameras. Samyang V-AF 45mm T1.9, Samyang V -AF 35mm T1.9andSamyang V-AF 24mm T1.9. The Samyang V-AF 20mm T1.9 lens is expected to be released in the future.
The new Samyang V-AF 100mm T2.3 lens is compact, lightweight – and it allows you to shoot without distortion and with the correct perspective. This will allow the operator to get a high-quality portrait shot with expressive background blur, the company reports.
It is separately noted that the optical design of this line of cinema lenses supports resolutions up to 8K. Stable and uniform color rendition is declared when installing any of the Samyang V-AF lenses, including the new Samyang V-AF 100mm T2.3.
The new lens is slightly longer than other lenses in the series. However, its weight is kept at 280 grams, which makes it convenient when working with stabilization systems or when installed on drones. The maximum aperture will provide the ability to work in low light conditions.
The Samyang V-AF 100mm T2.3 cine lens is compatible with an anamorphic adapter from Samyang, which expands your shooting possibilities. This adapter also supports other lenses in the series: V-AF 35mm T1.9 FE, 45mm T1.9 FE and 75mm T1.9 FE.
Key features of the new Samyang V-AF 100mm T2.3 cinema lens:
- Smooth and accurate autofocus
- Up to 8K resolution with stable color reproduction
- Bright T2.3 aperture for clear images in low light and shallow depth of field
- Light weight (280 g) and unified form factor
- Indicator lamp (red) for easy monitoring of shooting status from the front and side of the lens
- New focus ring design allows you to use Follow Focus without additional accessories
- Front electronic contacts allow connection of special V-AF accessories
A complete table with the characteristics of all lenses in the Samyang V-AF line is below: