Epson today unveiled its most technologically advanced home theater projector to date, the Pro Cinema LS12000 4K . It features a new laser light source, advanced image processing technologies and algorithms, including real-time dynamic correction, HDR10+ and HDMI 2.1 support .
The LS12000 delivers high brightness, accurate color reproduction and stunning 4K detail , creating a deep immersive experience for film and video game enthusiasts, the company says.
The latest 36-bit Epson ZX processor is responsible for image processing in the projector , which optimizes the quality of playback in real time in a number of ways. And the LS12000 delivers an impressive 2,700 lumens in both white and color brightness. Among other advantages of new items Epson notes the following.
- 4K PRO-UHD. Advanced pixel-shifting technology, coupled with three separate high-resolution LCD panels, creates exceptionally clear images without loss of brightness.
- High precision lens shift. The digital control of the lens operation ensures the reproduction of 8.29 million pixels on the screen in a ratio of 3840×2160 , forming a detailed 4K image .
- Laser light source. A sophisticated laser diode system provides an ideal light source that, coupled with a three-matrix LCD engine , ensures the projector’s instant turn-on, high brightness, deep contrast and color fidelity.
- Tri-matrix technology. The advanced design utilizes three individual LCD panels to consistently cover 100% of the RGB space in every frame, delivering a wide gamut of rich colors without the annoying rainbow-like distortion found in other technologies.
- HDR support. Providing full 10-bit color reproduction, the projector makes 100% use of the incoming HDR signal data to display relevant content effectively. The HDR correction curve provides 16 image optimization steps depending on the image type.
- Refresh rate 120 Hz. A high refresh rate ensures smooth transmission of dynamic scenes, and a frame interpolation function is offered for low-frequency content.
- Advanced gaming features. With the LS12000 , you can enjoy today ‘s 4K/120Hz games with less than 20ms input latency , allowing serious gamers to take full advantage of next generation gaming consoles and PCs.
Sales of the Epson Pro Cinema LS12000 4K PRO-UHD have already started in the US at a price of $4,999.