The Swiss brand Goldmund presented the Goldmund Melos bookshelf passive speaker systems in compact enclosures. The new model takes inspiration from its larger brothers Tethys and Gaia . The name Melos is a tribute to the melodies of Ancient Greece.
Two-way Goldmund Melos monitors are housed in compact rectangular housings in the signature Goldmund gray color with black protective grilles. The gold-plated elements are created by the Swiss luxury specialist, who is also a supplier to Rolex and Patek Philippe watchmakers. According to information from the manufacturer, an active version of the monitors is in the works, as well as branded speaker stands for this model.
The new Goldmund Melos bookshelf monitors are available in Switzerland for CHF 24,000 per pair of speakers. In the UK the monitors can be purchased for £26,500 .
- Type: Passive bookshelf speaker system
- Speakers: HF – soft dome tweeter, MF/LF – speaker with a diameter of 7 inches
- Acoustic design: phase inverted, two ports on the front panel
- Frequency response: 43 Hz – 25 kHz (-6 dB)
- Nominal Impedance: 6.0 ohms (minimum 4.4 ohms)
- Single speaker size (H x W x D): 35 x 25 x 36.2 cm
- Single column weight: 20 kg