At the ISE 2023 exhibition that opened recently in Barcelona, the Danish brand Lyngdorf Audio introduced the new Cue-100 two-way monitors , which stand out for their unusual design and a whole bunch of the latest technologies.
Lyngdorf Audio is best known to audio enthusiasts as a designer and manufacturer of the highest quality electronic audio components for both music listening and high-end home cinema equipment. At the same time, acoustic systems have always remained in the area of interest of Lyngdorf Audio. Head of Marketing at SL Audio A/S, which owns the Lyngdorf Audio brand, Roland Hoffmann says: “Loudspeakers have always been part of the DNA of the Lyngdorf Audio brand since the very first MH-1 and DP-1 loudspeakers. Now it’s time for a new chapter that combines contemporary Danish design with Purifi’s outstanding technology and our expertise in acoustics. The Cue-100 active monitors set new standards in music reproduction.”.
In the Lyngdorf Cue-100 monitors, the high-frequency range is served by the Lyngdorf Air Motion Transformer ribbon driver, featuring outstanding resolution and extraordinary airiness. The rest of the range is entrusted to the proprietary Purifi PTT6.5 driver with a 6.5-inch aluminum cone and a four-layer voice coil wound on a fiberglass frame with copper-plated aluminum wire. The return at low frequencies is increased by two passive radiators with aluminum cones with a diameter of 6.5 inches, located on the rear walls of the speaker cabinet. The crossover divides the operating range between the emitters at the level of 2.3 kHz.
Despite the fact that the Lyngdorf Cue-100 look like shelf monitors, the speaker cabinets are integral with the original stands, so the manufacturer calls this model a floor model (because the speakers can only be installed on the floor). The upper wall of the case and the base of the monitors, as well as the three legs on which this base rests, are made of solid oak. In a horizontal section, the columns represent a triangle with rounded edges, and all three walls of the body are closed with grills. The construction of the grills uses high-quality textiles from the well-known Danish company Gabriel A/S. The manufacturer offers grills in five colors to choose from – Gray, Black, Petrol Blue, Dusty Green and Red. Taking into account the body color options (matt black or white), the design options for the base and top wall (black, white or natural oak color),
The new Lyngdorf Cue-100 loudspeakers are manufactured in Denmark at the brand’s Lyngdorf Audio factory in Skive. Sales of new items are expected in March 2023. The suggested retail price for a pair of Lyngdorf Cue-100 monitors in Europe is 19,980 euros .
Technical characteristics: Lyngdorf Cue-100:
- Type: two-way speaker system with two passive radiators
- Maximum input power: 250 W.
- Number of strips: 2
- Crossover frequency: 2.3KHz
- High-frequency driver: ribbon, Air Motion Transformer (AMT), Kapton foil, neodymium magnet
- Mid/Low Driver: 18 cm / 6.5″ driver, aluminum cone, 39 mm quad-layer voice coil with copper-clad aluminum wire wound on fiberglass frame, molded ventilated basket
- Passive radiators: 2 x 18 cm / 6.5 in, aluminum cone, molded ventilated basket
- Frequency response: 35Hz – 22kHz (-3dB)
- Rated impedance: 4 ohm
- Sensitivity: 83dB 2.83V/ 1m
- Body materials: MDF, oak
- Single speaker dimensions (W x H x D): 350 x 513 x 329 mm (without stand) / 597 x 1196 x 520 mm (including stand)
- Single speaker weight: 13.8 kg (without stand) / 16.2 kg (including stand)