Polk Audio has introduced the Monitor XT10 compact active subwoofer that won’t be a big deal on your budget. The novelty is equipped with a 10-inch low-frequency driver with a long stroke, which allows you to serve the range from 24 Hz. The built-in amplifier operates in class D and provides up to 50 watts continuous and up to 100 watts peak power.
The low-frequency woofer is mounted on the bottom of the case and radiates “to the floor”. A large phase inverter port is located nearby. The body is made of MDF and reinforced with internal struts. The set of adjustments is typical for an active subwoofer – the gain and cutoff frequency adjustments are supplemented by a phase switch. There are two RCA connectors for connecting to an amplifier or receiver. There is no high-level entry here.
According to the manufacturer, the Polk Monitor XT10 active subwoofer will be an ideal partner for the Monitor XT bookshelf monitors.
The Polk Monitor XT10 compact active subwoofer is now available in the US for $ 299 .
- Technical characteristics of the Polk Monitor XT10 active subwoofer:
- Speaker: cone, 10 inches, radiates “to the floor”
- Acoustic design: phase-inverted, the port is directed “to the floor”
- Amplifier: continuous (RMS) power – 50 W, peak – 100 W, class D
- Crossover frequency: 40 – 160 Hz / LFE
- Phase adjustment: 0/180
- Audio Inputs: Stereo Low Level RCA, LFE
- Finish color: black
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 30.2 x 40.0 x 42.1 cm
- Weight: 10.4 kg