The famous Japanese Technical Audio Devices Laboratories (TAD Labs), has updated its series of Evolution speaker systems . In addition to the new floor model TAD GE1-WN , the Japanese presented the TAD CE1TX shelf acoustics in black piano lacquer finish. The novelty received the suffix K in the title.
The TAD CE 1 TX – K bookshelf speakers will go on sale at the end of October 2023. They are technically the same as the TAD CE1TX with wood veneer cabinets available from October 2022. The monitors are equipped with a proprietary CST coaxial speaker with a beryllium diaphragm tweeter and a mid-frequency driver with a cone made of magnesium alloy. This speaker caters for a range from 250 Hz to 100 kHz.
The cabinet design of the SILENT TAD CE1TX-K monitors combines various materials such as birch plywood bracing, MDF panels and aluminum side panels. The proprietary ADS bi-directional bass reflex port system is designed to improve bass reproduction.
TAD CE1TX-K specifications:
- Type: three-way bookshelf speaker system with bass reflex
- Drivers: HF/MF – 14 cm coaxial driver with 3.5 cm high-frequency beryllium dome, LF – 18 cm driver
- Frequency response: 34Hz to 100kHz
- Crossover frequencies: 250 Hz and 1.8 kHz
- Sensitivity: 85 dB (2.83 V at 1 m)
- Maximum input power: 200 W
- Rated impedance: 4 ohm
- Single speaker dimensions (H x W x D): 510 x 287 x 447 mm (excluding speaker stands)
- Single column weight: 29 kg