British hi-fi brand Cambridge Audio is introducing two new network players: the AXN10 and MXN10, one big and one small. The larger of the two models is the full-size Cambridge Audio AXN10, which joins Cambridge Audio’s entry-level Hi-Fi AX range, adding a dedicated music streaming option alongside integrated amplifier, CD player and tuner models.
The smaller model, the Cambridge Audio MXN10, offers the same features and functionality as the larger Cambridge Audio AXN10, but with less efficiency. This is a network player for those looking for a “discreet and easy” way to add streaming capabilities to their existing hi-fi system.
Features include Wi-Fi, AirPlay 2, Chromecast, UPnP, Internet radio, and both devices support Roon. Support for streaming services includes Spotify Connect, Tidal and Qobuz with the ability to connect to the device via Bluetooth (SBC and AAC codecs). Both models support the following file formats: ALAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, DSD (x512), WMA, MP3, AAC, HE AAC, AAC+ and OGG Vorbis.
Connectivity options are the same for the Cambridge Audio AXN10 and Cambridge Audio MXN10, with unbalanced line output, digital output (coaxial and optical), plus Ethernet for wired internet connections, and USB inputs for adding storage. There’s also nothing that sets them apart in terms of built-in DAC or Hi-res support: both devices are equipped with the ESS Saber ES9033Q and are capable of supporting files up to 32-bit PCM at 768 kHz and up to DSD512.
Cambridge Audio MXN10 Specifications
- Inputs: Ethernet, USB connection (for storage), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Outputs: Line out (unbalanced), Digital out (coaxial and optical)
- DAC chip: ESS Saber ES9033Q
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 70 kHz (+0/-1 dB)
- Ethernet: IEEE 802.3 10 Base-T or 100 Base-T
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 5 dual band 2.4/5 GHz
- Bluetooth: 5.0 A2DP/AVRCP with SBC and AAC support
- Network functions: UPnP, USB local, Internet -radio, Chromecast, Spotify Connect, Tidal,
- Qobuz, Roon Ready, Airplay 2
- Audio formats: ALAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, DSD (x512), WMA, MP3, AAC, HE AAC, AAC+, OGG
- Vorbis Max
- PCM resolution: 32-bit/768 kHz
- Max. DSD resolution: DSD512
- Maximum power consumption: 20 W
- Standby power consumption: less than 0.5 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 215 x 52 x 191 mm
- Weight 1.2 kg