The TEAC AI-303 integrated amplifier has a compact size, which allows you to install it on a computer desk or next to a TV.
The model differs from its predecessor AI-301DA-X by the presence of an HDMI ARC output and a USB type C connector for connecting portable audio sources. The circuits use selected components designed for Hi-Fi audio and allowing you to unlock the potential of Hi-Res formats. The result, according to TEAC, is a rich musical sound with excellent dynamics.
The final section of the TEAC AI-303 features a high-efficiency Class D amplifier module designed by Hypex, which helps optimize power consumption and is capable of a maximum power of 50 W per channel into 4 ohms. The model received a 32-bit DAC that supports DSD input signals up to 11.2 MHz and PCM up to 32 bit/384 kHz, as well as full MQA decoding.
There is also an HDMI ARC output for connecting to a TV and, in addition, optical and coaxial S/PDIF inputs, and a pair of linear RCA inputs are used to connect analog sources. The device has a useful function, thanks to which it can automatically turn on when a digital signal appears and turn off if there is no signal for a certain period of time, which is convenient, for example, when connecting the TEAC AI-303 to a TV via an optical input.
The amplifier is equipped with a Bluetooth module with support for the aptX codec. There is also a high-quality headphone amplifier on board with CCLC (Coupling Capacitor-less Circuit) technology, which makes it possible to do without coupling capacitors in the output stage, which has a beneficial effect on the sound. CCLC delivers fast transient response and rich bass.
At the same time, a power of 100 mW is guaranteed when connecting 32-ohm headphones. The model also makes it possible to enhance the low-frequency component of the audio system by connecting a subwoofer, as it has a Subwoofer Out output. Two pairs of high-quality screw terminals are used to connect speaker systems.
Traditionally for TEAC, the model is assembled in an all-metal case with excellent anti-vibration properties. The motorized volume knob and cabinet panels are made from precision machined aluminum. To control TEAC AI-303, a standard mini-remote is provided.
TEAC AI-303 specifications:
- Output power 2 x 50 W (4 Ohm, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, THD: 0.1%, JEITA), 2 x 25 W (8 Ohm, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, THD: 0.1 %, JEITA)
- Harmonic distortion 0.01% (1 kHz, 8 Ohm, 1 W)
- Signal-to-noise ratio 95 dB (line input)
- Frequency response 2 Hz – 100 kHz (- 5 dB)
- Headphone amplifier power: 2 x 100 mW (32 ohms, 1 kHz, THD: 0.1%), harmonic distortion: 0.005%
- Bluetooth version 4.2 + EDR, profiles: LDAC, LHDC, Qualcomm® aptX™ HD audio, Qualcomm® aptX™ audio, AAC, SBC
- Inputs 2 x line RCA, HDMI EARC, optical (PCM up to 24 bit/96 kHz), coaxial ( PCM up to 24bit/192kHz), USB Type C
- Outputs 6.3mm headphone jack, RCA subwoofer
- Supported sampling rates: LPCM 32k / 44.1k / 48k / 88.2k / 96k / 176.4k / 192 kHz , 16 / 24 bit, DSD 2.8 MHz (in DoP format 176.4 kHz/24 bit)
- Power consumption 38 W
- Speaker output 2 pairs of screw terminals
- Acceptable speaker impedance 4-8 Ohm
- Remote control
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 215x61x254 mm
- Weight 2.3 kg