Yamaha RX-V6A is the optimal choice for equipping modern home theaters in terms of quality and price ratio. The main feature of this AV-receiver in comparison with the younger models of the series is the 7.2 configuration and support for the new surround sound formats Dolby Atmos and DTS: X.
This model will allow you to create a home theater, the sound of which will surround the audience from all sides, including from above. In addition, the RX-V6A with the next firmware will add the ability to work with Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization.
The Yamaha RX-V6A has seven HDMI inputs and one output that supports 4K Ultra HD with all the Dolby Vision and HLG additions, and 8K on three of the seven inputs.
The device is also equipped with analog and digital inputs, which will make it possible to create an AV system based on it with a variety of signal sources. The device uses discrete amplifiers with high output current and wide dynamic range, as well as high-quality DACs. The Yamaha RX-V6A uses a proprietary YPAO auto-calibration scheme for convenient multichannel sound tuning based on the listening room and acoustics.
To connect all the speakers, the device has reliable screw terminals, conveniently located in the middle of the rear panel.
The Yamaha RX-V6A AV receiver is equipped with MusicCast technology, which allows you to connect compatible wireless speakers (used as a rear speaker in a home theater or in additional zones of a multi-room system), as well as use local media servers or popular on-line resources for listening to music.
Also in the Yamaha RX-V6A there is a USB input for storage devices with music files and Bluetooth. The device supports playback of content in Lossless and High Resolution formats, including DSD 11.2 MHz. For direct connection of iOS devices, you can use the AirPlay 2 technology. Unlike the younger model, the Yamaha RX-V6A has a phono input.
The Yamaha RX-V6A AV Receiver is bi-amping, which amplifies the high and low frequency bands of the front left and right speakers with independent amplifiers, thereby enhancing the sound quality of the front channels – an important advantage in home theater. Zone B output provides 2-channel audio in another room.
This output allows 2-channel audio to be transferred to another room. This leaves 7 output channels for the main zone. This means that you can listen to stereo sound in the second room. In this case, the audio content of the same source will be played in both zones (simultaneous use of two signal sources is impossible).
The Yamaha RX-V6A AV Receiver also features HDMI 2.1 gaming capabilities. These are Automatic Low Latency Mode (ALLM), Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Fast Frame Transfer (QFT), and Fast Media Switching (QMS).
They are expected to be especially in demand with next-generation gaming consoles from Sony and Microsoft. Ease of control Yamaha RX-V6A is provided by a smart remote control, as well as an intuitive mobile app.
Yamaha RX-V6A Specifications
- Number of Channels 7.2
- Output Power 100 W per channel (8 ohms, 0.09% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC)
- Damping factor more than 100
- Input sensitivity / impedance 1 V (maximum) / 47 kΩ (line input)
- Output level and impedance 1 V / 1.2 kΩ (subwoofer output)
- Frequency range 10 Hz – 100 kHz (+ 1 dB, – 3 dB, Direct mode)
- Tones ± 10 dB, 20 Hz (LF), ± 10 dB, 20 kHz (HF)
- Signal to Noise Ratio 110 dB
- Speaker Impedance 6 ohms or 8 ohms
- FM Tuner 87.5 MHz – 108 MHz
- Number of Memory Presets 40
- Built-in decoders (main) Dolby Atmos, DTS: X, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio
- DSP Cinema processor, 16 modes.
- Enhancer for compressed music files Yes
- Supported audio file formats MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, ALAC, FLAC up to 24 bit / 192 kHz, DSD 512
- DAC BB PCM5102A
- Bluetooth, SBC support YAPO auto-calibration system
- Direct mode
- Inputs 7 HDMI inputs HDMI (2.1) supporting 4K / 60 Hz, HDCP 2.2, HDR, Dolby Vision, 3 line-out, 1 Phono, 1 coaxial,
- optical, USB-port
- Outputs HDMI (2.1), per subwoofer, 6.3 mm headphone jack
- Optional Ethernet, Wi-Fi (2.3 / 5 GHz)
- Other connections Measurement microphone jack, AM and FM antenna jacks
- Speaker output terminals 9 pairs of screw terminals
- Power consumption in standby mode less than 0.2 W
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 435x171x377 mm
- Weight 9.8 kg
The Yamaha RX-V6A AV receiver has rich and detailed sound with pleasing tonal balance, and will work in harmony with most popular speaker models.